Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cal-punk outfit goes digital mainstream

Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Dead Kennedys Pack 01. This pack includes "California Über Alles," "Holiday in Cambodia," and "Police Truck" by Dead Kennedys.

Hmmm, I'm wondering whether this is suitable Christmas stocking material for impressionable young minds, if only because the bleep quotient is likely to be insurmountably high. Which is probably why they left out this classic from 1981:



Now that takes me back. To my student days, somewhere between The Russell Club and Placemate 7 as I recall.

But times, like tastes, change as does one's capacity for alcohol and digital fripperies. These days I'd probably settle for this gem from those ever so clever lads at Schadenfreude Interactive GmbH



Status Quo and Metallica tunes on the piano accordion, what could better capture the Yuletide spirit?

No comments: